Art Analysis Blog Post

 

   A Basket of Mangoes, 1949

     For this week's assignment, I chose to use a painting by Fernando Amorsolo, a famous Filipino artist. Amorsolo's line of art contains a lot of pre-historic artwork featuring Spanish colonial Philippines and politicians. I am a Filipino American and I have always been intrigued by Filipino artwork and history. The art elements that stuck out to me were the linework and texture. The lines in the painting are quite subtle with no harsh angles. Everything is blended together beautifully and the colors are minute. Looking at this painting made me reflect on my heritage and the beauty of Filipino history. I would surely own a piece of Amorsolo's work; I even considered getting something similar tattooed! I believe I also feel a connection because I was not raised in the Philippines and I feel that knowledge toward my culture is an aspect that is lacking in my life.








Works Cited

Tobin Reese Fine Art. "Fernando Amorsolo." Tobin Reese Fine Art, www.tobinreese.com/fernando-amorsolo.html.


Comments

  1. Hi Iona, I think the piece of visual art you chose for this weeks assignment is beautiful. I agree with you, all of the lines in this painting are subtle and blended well together. If you get something similar to this painting tattooed on yourself it would be a nice way to always reflect on your filipino heritage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classical Blog 10/21/2021

Early Modern Era 11/4/2021

First Blog Assignment!