First Blog Assignment!

 First Blog Post Assignment

1. A paragraph introducing yourself.
    
    Hello! My name is Iona and I am a third-year student at UAF. I am currently majoring in Elementary Education and I have dreams to become a teacher one day. After graduating, I want to pursue a graduate degree in the lower 48. Some of my hobbies include watching movies/reality TV, exploring new places, and drinking coffee. I wish everyone a successful semester!

2. Upload an image of a work of art you find appealing.


This piece of artwork is from a scene in a Studio Ghibli movie, directed by Hayao Miyazaki. I have always been so intrigued by the art style of Studio Ghibli movies. They are incredibly beautiful, and this particular image is my background header on my blog!

3. Describe in a paragraph your relationship to art.  Do you paint, sculpt or draw? Do you own any art? Do attend First Fridays? Do you enjoy going to art museums?

I have never been the best artist throughout my life, but art has always inspired me in so many ways and I have always loved how making art made me feel. I love to doodle, especially cute drawings but I could never replicate a real-life drawing. I also enjoy painting, especially watercolor. I do also have a few adult coloring books, they are super fun! I have never attended a First Friday nor know what it is, but I do enjoy going to art museums! I love seeing how talented people are and what creations they have made. 

4. A link (Links to an external site.)to content on the web that relates to the arts. Note - you will have a little icon for 3 chain links instead of "Links" in your menu on Blogger. You may also choose to embed (Links to an external site.) a video.

https://www.artic.edu/

This is the website of The Chicago Art Institute in Grant Park, Chicago. I am originally from Illinois and I grew up there until I was 8 years old. It is incredibly beautiful and not to mention, massive! It is a 
major tourist attraction in Chicago and I definitely recommend going if you visit.





Comments

  1. I taught elementary school music for 21 years. Got my start at Eielson AFB. I love the Chicago Art Institute. Immediately I saw 2 exhibits I would love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iona,
    It makes me happy to see someone else finds movie and cartoon art beautiful. Honestly, I appreciate how the artists often come up with ideas from their own patchwork thoughts. For real, first Fridays are worth going at least once, it is when local art gallerias allow people to come look at art for free and sometimes you get to meet the artist! I'll keep the Chicago Art Institute in mind, it seems like a place I'd love!

    Best, Ava

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Iona! I love this scenic painting! It is lovely! I love the contrast and the colors of the sunset in this painting along with the Art Analysis contents that goes with it. I am also studying Elementary Education. I am a junior at UAF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classical Blog 10/21/2021

Early Modern Era 11/4/2021